Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Going out to play in the fresh snow...





This is sooooo neeeeet!!!



This little kitten has pretty much worked her way into many hearts...(Grandpa even lets her sit on his desk...)

 The sun room/office is beautified by paper chains and paper snowflakes....thanks to Tyanne, Trinley, and Talya....Thank you, lovelies...
 Grandpa took advantage of having a good helper.  Tarrik helped him trim some of the fruit trees.
 This little girl turned 7 on the 3rd.  She wanted oatmeal/raisan cookies.  (It's a little bit of a challenge to put candles in cookies..hee hee)
 These big and bad boys have been playing havoc with the neighbors over the hill.  We think there are about 9 in this group of 2-3 year old rag horns...they are tearing up trees and bushes in yards around the area.

 Some fun times at Discovery Park....
 Building a bear with these two cuties...

 Winner, winner, chicken dinner....



 "I think there's snow on them there hills......"


Early Monday morning I got up about 3:30 a.m. and the motion sensor light was on under the deck.  I just figured it was the cats walking around, but I should have looked out.  Grandpa came in and reported that it looked like the elk had eaten a good portion of the leftover apple peelings and cores from the juice making that he had left in the potato beds.  Then this morning I was up about 4:00 a.m. and looked out Carrie's bedroom window and what should I see, but a huge elk standing down by the tomato garden chowing down on the carrot tops and onion tops.  It was too dark for anything to show up in pictures, but I took this movie of them playing around in the garden.  This sounds just like those horns that Grandpa has that he can rattle around to get the elk to talk to him.  

The apple peelings and cores are almost gone...
 Nothing left of the carrot tops..
 or the onion tops...
 Leftovers from playing around in the garden...hee hee....
This is a different herd of 5 big ones...(we see them across the road in the mornings)...from the ones over the hill.  Big John says these boys probably have a hangover from the apples and bad breath from the onions...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

O my goodness - elk are huge and beautiful -- but grr to the eating carrots and onions...will they continue to grow..??
Hugs..