Thursday, September 18, 2008

Banana Carrot Bread - Sister Clark, Palmyra, N.Y. 

350 degree oven for about 40 minutes
makes 2 loaves-test with knife (or tester) for doneness.  

Combine in large bowl:  

2 c. flour 
1/2 c. white sugar 
1/2 c. brown sugar 
1 tsp. soda 
1 tsp. baking powder 
1 tsp. cinnamon 
1 tsp. salt 
1 c. nuts (optional) 

Combine in medium bowl:  

1/2 c. oil 
1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 med.) 
1 cup grated carrot 
3 eggs 
1 tsp. vanilla 

Mix wet ingredients with dry stirring only until combined.  Pour into generously greased pans.
Let cool completely before removing from pans. 

I made a cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar spread...the regular banana bread recipe calls for more banana than this and since I only had 2 bananas I thought I'd try this and it may become the new favorite...Hope you like it. 

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Thanks, Mom!! I'm going to try it when I have some bananas ready!!! And your quilt is GORGEOUS!!